Friday, August 18, 2006

Concentration Crisis

Yes, quite simply I can't concentrate....I want to do too much...work, hobbies, writing, reading, socializing...
I'm on fast forward, I start doing something and then soon enough I'm thinking about doing something else. I've been meaning to come back to this blog thing and write up on a few things that have crossed my mind lately...but poof..the time flies. You know what it's like, you're going home after a long day at work, or just as you start to fall asleep, you get this great idea, you start thinking of very eloquent sentences and logically flowing descriptions...yes this could be my next article...I promise I will write it when I go home/ wake up/ get more time. And then when you actually find the time to sit down and write, poof, it's all gone. You struggle to come up with a single sentence. And then the next minute you're thinking about what you should cook for dinner, or some inane thing. Yes, it's my own little crisis of concentration.

I'm not complainging that I have a richly filled life, or that I have found many things to enrich my time. But things need to be in balance, because very soon all I will have is a trail of half-finished or mediocre projects.

Concentrate butterfly, concentrate! If I can only be a butterfly, concentrate on the flower that I am on now, and then move on after I've finished....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just know what you're talking about dear..

it'd just jumping here and there..and the outcome is just nothing...!!

well..I write things down..like I have to do this and that..I list them...and start working on one subject.when I have this feeling of leaving it unfinished to jump to another..I try to overcome them!!
but as for writing...I just have a paper and a pen beside my bed..and everywhere else..'cause I can't stop the flow of my ideas sometimes!!

Nice blog,,dear..keep it up!
:)

Dr. Tantawy said...

finally you do it :))
thanks allah ..
waiting for more and more dear frined . i will be always here and wanna c new topics each time !!