Sunday, September 03, 2006

We've Got The Power


I really like this quote by famous anthropologist Margaret Mead:

"Never underestimate the power of a small group of committed people to change the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has."

May be it's because I'm an optimistic person by nature. May be it's because I believe that God helps those who are proactive and who work to postively change the world around them. May be it's because I, like so many others, have grown tired of relying on just words. May be it's because I know that a good deed is multiplied not just in reward, but also in impact. May be it's because I refuse to become depressed and resigned by the way the world is working. May be it's because I believe that there are many people out there who have a clarity of vision. May be it's because I fear no one but my maker. Whatever the reason is, I believe: we've got the power....the power to change what we all see as wrong, to develop this world for the benefit of everyone, not just a select few.

2 comments:

Dr. Tantawy said...

nice quote .. its intersted

waiting more and more

and im waiting your post specially , about urself , thoughts , dreams :) ..

Go ON ..

El3en Elsehrya said...

it is interesting that the same quote has caught my eyes before, I read on a wall of a building in Vancouver, BC more than a year ago and I liked it very much, and here I read it in your blog... what a co-incidence.