Sunday, September 10, 2006

Searching for the "Full-Option" Product

I never intended to write this blog, I was just intrigued by the concept. But once I started writing, I never intended for my writings to be of a personal nature, I was just going to comment on what I see and what I am interested in. But today, something triggered this need for frankness. I do feel extremely fragile right now...I feel like pouring my heart out, totally opening up, exposing my vulnerability and sensitivity... but somehow the words just aren't coming out right.





More and more these days I am realizing just how we are complicating everything in our lives. Marriage is a great example of this. Many people have reduced the most beautiful relationship in life to a shopping experience; they search for a wife or husband as if they were shopping for a new washing machine or car, dreaming up long lists of qualities that they search for in a spouse. Everyone goes around carrying their lists in their hearts and minds and judge everyone they meet according to them.

The guys want a beautiful, smart, polite, romantic girl who would be a loving wife, great cook, caring mother and kind friend. The girls want a handsome, rich, athletic, strong, smart, romantic guy who will be a caring husband and good father. Even "love chemistry" has been added to the shopping list of qualities. Selection of a spouse then becomes a process of carefully studying how each person's qualities fit their shopping list and weighing up the different options.

I don't want to be someone's option. I want to be someone's one and only, the girl who captures his heart from day one and makes him throw his list away and never think on another girl ever again.

7 comments:

Dr. Tantawy said...

mmmm nice words .. really i like it all

so , u still single i think :)

i just wanna add something , when i talked about these options , i did not mean that all men follow such rules , it was just a funny way to describe the complications of marriage , concerning CHEMISTRY .. i dont think it would ever be an option .. its the only Involuntry thing concerning Love and marriage

Egiziana in US said...

haha I like that "still single", mashy ya Dr. Zangoola, shokran.

Yes, "chemistry" should be a simple natural and involuntary emotion, but we often over-analyze and over-think it instead of just feeling it.

3rby said...

i guess i am the one you are looking for
but ya telh2eny delo2ty or never
"it's now or never"
i realized another thing
life has no point
you are born...you go to a silly school th meet silly classmates...you go to a silly universt to meet silly colleages....you marry a silly wife and have silly sons and you die as a silly person....really...tink about it

Egiziana in US said...

Thanks for visiting ya Mr. 3rby. What a funny comment though. I'm old enough to be your mom! Scary thought!

But life does have a point, if you have clear goals. First and foremost, your goal should be to please God in all your actions. You should try to make life better for yourself and everyone around. How you do that is up to you. But if you don't ahve these goals in life, then life will be pointless and silly.

Anonymous said...

اعتقد إن الوحده مره
وأن الزواج هو سنة الحياه
ومن الآخر هتجوز يعني هتجوز
وهتقول يا ريت اللى جرى ما كان
هههههههه
تحياتي

Anonymous said...

أعتقد إن الوحده مره
وأن الزواج هو سنة الحياه
ومن الآخر هتجوز يعني هتجوز
وفى الآخر هتقول يا ريت اللي جرى ما كان
ههههههه
تحياتي
WWW.NOOZHA.BLOGSPOT.COM

Adam said...

Hello,

You have been kind enough to respond to my writing on wordstohumanity.blogspot.com. Please be even kinder and check out what little more words I have to say on before-leaving.blogspot.com. Thank you.

Yours,
Adam